Billboard Tee Pre-Order
Traditional advertising kinda sucks, so I made the Billboard tee because we support small black businesses 24/7. Scanning the QR code with any smartphone camera will send the user to TOMSHOTTA.COM .
Pre-Order runs from until 10/15. Item will ship after pre-order closes. After pre-order closes, allow 10-15 business days for processing & shipping.
SHARE | SUPPORT | DONATE
25% of all profits from this tee will be donated to the Black Mental Health Alliance
An amazing organization with the mission to develop, promote and sponsor trusted culturally-relevant educational forums, trainings and referral services that support the health and well-being of Black people and other vulnerable communities. Learn more here.
Mental Health Resources
Crisis Text Line
Call 1 800 273 TALK (8255) or SMS: Text KIND to 741 741
Crisis Text Line is a free, 24/7 support helpline for those dealing with a crisis.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1 800 273 TALK (8255) or SMS: 838 255
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across the United States.
Veteran Crisis Line (for active U.S. service members, veterans, and family members)
Call 1 800 273 8255 or SMS: 838 255
The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource that’s available to anyone, even if you’re not registered with VA or enrolled in VA health care.
National Alliance on Mental Illness
Call 1 800 950 6264 or SMS: Text NAMI to 741741
NAMI provides advocacy, education, support and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.
Active Minds is the nation’s premier nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults. Some helpful pages include,
• Recognizing signs and symptoms of mental illness
• Crisis information for getting immediate help
• Other referral resources
• Practicing self-care
• Offering help to someone in distress
• Supporting someone in treatment
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Call 240 485 1001
(ADAA) is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and co-occurring disorders through education, practice, and research.
National Eating Disorders Association Association
Call 800 931 2237
The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. NEDA supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
Call 877 565 8860
Trans Lifeline is a trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive.
Call 1 877 235 4525
Hopeline focuses on active listening techniques to offer caring nonjudgmental listening to their callers. They do not give advice on the lines but instead will offer referrals to other organizations
How to Show Support to Friends
There are a lot of ways you can support friends struggling with mental health. Checking in and listening without judgement can help your friends feel supported and loved.
Here are some additional things you can do:
1. Continue to educate yourself. Check out these graphics from Mental Health America to get informed, and check out our resources page.
2. Be mindful of the language you use when talking about mental health. Phrases like “you’re crazy” and “act normal” come off as harmful and critical.
• I love you. How can I support you?
• I’m really grateful that you trust me enough to tell me.
• Whenever you’re ready, I’m here to talk.
• What can I do to help?
• I’m here for you.
• Your life could be worse!
• You’re fine, just don’t think about it.
• You’re being dramatic.
3. Use social media as a way to help destigmatize talking about mental health! Show your support and reach out to your friends!
- recent roll: Sutter Creek, CA; Gold Country for the Holidaysrecent roll: Sutter Creek, CA; Gold Country for the Holidays Tucked away in […]
- recent roll: Tulsa, OK; Orpha’s Lounge w/ Carmenrecent roll: Tulsa, OK; Orpha’s Lounge w/ Carmen I was finally able to […]
- recent roll: Tulsa, OK; Britt’s Plant Roomrecent roll: Tulsa, OK; Britt’s Plant Room Linked up with my friend and […]
- recent roll: Tulsa, OK; Downtown Tulsa on B&W filmrecent roll: Tulsa, OK; Downtown Tulsa on B&W film Over the course of […]
- recent roll: Altamont, TN; Falls Creek Falls State Park on filmrecent roll: Altamont, TN; Falls Creek Falls State Park on film This past […]
- recent roll: Oklahoma; The 13 Black Towns of Oklahomarecent roll: Oklahoma; The 13 Black Towns of Oklahoma Late last year with […]